Advaithashramam, Kolathur was established in October 1992. Kolathur is a serene village, some 24 Kilometers from Kozhikode city in Kerala State, South India. The Ashramam offers an opportunity to study the profound spiritual knowledge of the Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Brahmasutras, and other classical Vedic texts in the traditional way.The Ashramam also publishes many books on various topics in Sanathana Dharma and Vedanta. Sree Kolathoorappan Kshethram, a temple having a history of thousands of years is situated in this village. Main deity of this temple is Lord Narasimha.
Sree Vallorakkavu Kshetram is another hoary temple in this village, the main deity being Kiratha Siva. The then owner of the land, Sree Mangalassery Narayana Swami handed over Sree Vallorakkavu Kshethram along with a land of 56 cents around the temple to a committee, named Sree Vallorakkavu Kshethra Samithi, registered under the Indian Societies Registration Act in the year 1992. Swami Chidananda Puri is the Patron of this committee from its very beginning. Besides conducting the daily services in the temple, the committee is running the Advaithashramam, a centre for the propagation of the Sanathana Dharma and Vedanta Philosophy.
Daily Programmes :-
- Chantings and meditations
- Classes for inmates on Sanskrit, Vedanta, Darshanas and Dharmasastras in the traditional way.
- Full day Vedanta study classes on all last Sundays.
- Full day Sahasranama Parayana on every ‘Amavasya’ and ‘Pournami’ days.
- Bhagavad Githa classes on every first and third Saturdays.
Bhagavad Githa classes at Kozhikode town on all first Mondays
- One week-long residential camp (Adhyatmika Antharyogam) from December 23 to December 29
- One weeklong residential camp (Upanishad Vichara Satram) in the month of July
- One week-long residential camp for College Students in the month of April
- Three days residential camp for School Teachers in the month of April
- Full time ‘Japa Yajna’ during ‘Navaratri Festival’.
- One weeklong lecture series at Kozhikode town from January 12 to 18.
- A four year course for vedantic studies is being conducted in the Ashramam to teach and train Brahmacharis to spread the message of Sanathana Dharma. The course is aimed to give a deep knowledge of Sanathana Dharma, Darshanas, Ithihasas, Puranas etc. in general and Panineeyam and Sankara Bhashyams of Vedantha in particular. At present 16 inmates are taking part in this study programme.
- Gurupoornima,Shankara Jayanthi and Navarathri are being celebrated with special poojas,bhajans and satsanga.In addition to the programmes conducted by the Ashramam directly, Swami Chidananda Puri is delivering speeches, taking classes and conducting doubt clearing sessions almost all days at various places.
Sanathana Dharma Seva Trust, a registered Trust to propagate Sanathana Dharma, is publishing books and Compact Discs (Video and Audio) of lecture programmes.
The first branch of Kolathur Advaithashram, “Sri Sankara Advaithasramam” was inaugurated by Poojya Swami Dayananda Saraswathi Maharaj, On 5th May 2013. Sri Sankara Advaithasramam located in Anikode at Mathur Panchayat; a serene village in Palakkad district, which is known for a long tradition of Indian culture and values.
The Ashram actively involves in the mission of spreading the message of Vedanta and Santhana Dharma among a good section of the society. In addition to the regular classes, each month there will be one day sessions by Swami Chidanda Puri and Swamini Sivananda Puri. The Ashram hosts five day discourse series by Swami Chidananda Puri every year.